I am interested in solving real problems, whether of a conceptual, technical or organizational nature. My strengths lie in looking at a complex system of problems and reducing them to simple solutions. This applies to understanding uses of new technologies, determining how best to configure a field development plan or processing scheme for an oil field, understanding safety management issues, or attracting, motivating and retaining technical staff.
I hope to provide consulting services to oil and gas and energy service companies utilizing my broad background in strategic planning, project management, design and operational safety management, oil and gas process engineering, application of new technology and training of facilities engineers.
Experience which qualifies me to perform these services includes:
- Working as both an engineering manager and research department manager for Shell
- Establishing and running my own engineering company
- Serving on the management committees of Dresser Rand, MW Kellogg, Brown and Root Energy Services, Stolt Offshore, and AMEC
- Developing and teaching facilities training courses for Shell, Amoco, Paragon and the University of Houston
- Serving as a member and chairman of various industry technical code writing committees for both API and the Offshore Operators Committee
- Serving on various industry, technical society, governmental, charity and university boards and advisory committees including SPE International, SPE Gulf Coast Section, Marine Board of the National Research Council, The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas, West Houston Chamber of Commerce, West Houston Leadership Institute, Cornell and Tulane Engineering Advisory Boards, Tax Increment Re-investment Zone 17, Jewish Federation of Greater Houston, West Houston JCC, and Spring Branch ISD Advisory Board